niedziela, 27 listopada 2016

Let's work out how to speak up for yourself!





exhilarating (adjective) = making you fell happy and excited
An exhilarating shopping is the best way to cheer me up!

let sb down (phrasal verb) = to make sb feel disappointed because you've failed doing sth you promised to do 
Please, don't let me down this time and come tomorrow to our meeting.

ostracize (verb) = to avoid sb intentionally
She has been ostracized since the last argument with her friends.

leeway (noun) = amount of freedom that you have to do sth
She has a leeway in the dress code at her work place - she could even wear pyjamas and not be reprimanded for that!

double bind (noun) = a difficult situation in which, whatever action you take, you cannot escape unpleasant results
I am caught in a double bind, because whenever I do all my chores, I am still blamed for not doing something!

evict (verb) = to force sb to leave somewhere
He was evicted from the bar after getting into heated argument.

forewarn (verb) = to tell sb that sth unpleasant is going to happen 
She has been forewarned that she might not get the job she applied for.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz